Monday, May 5, 2008

Super Coen Bros. 2

The Coen brothers should be called the Super Coen Brothers, because they are brothers and all of their movies are super. Where else can you find a hairstyle like Anton Chigurh's? Where else can you find a lone apocalypse biker that blows up bunnies and lizards? Nowhere, that's where. The movies of theirs that we saw were nothing short of mad genius, as I have trouble thinking of one thing that I didn't like about them. Their cinematography and camera work are second to none, and the characters are anything but forgettable. When it comes to the Super Coen Brothers, I find it difficult to seriously criticize anything. Now, about those accents in Fargo...

2 comments:

DarkNovaBlade said...

ummm actually, accents were rather heavy in no country as well, but I agree, the coens were mostly agreeable to all audiencies, and the shift between genres was nice

FlameBurger said...

Yes, the accents were pretty strong in No Country, but the Fargo ones are horrible and supposed to be Minnesotan, and I know that they are overdone. I have been down South, and they do sound somewhat like that...